Our employment team specialise in Business Immigration law, allowing you to recruit the right person for the job.
The ability to quickly and cost-effectively relocate or recruit employees from across the globe to undertake roles that could not otherwise be fulfilled by national or EU workers is becoming more crucial to businesses and organisations. Our Business Immigration Specialists regularly advise small, medium and national companies on many different aspects of the immigration process and are here to assist your business.
The UK’s immigration rules are strict, complex and ever changing and there are serious penalties and consequences such as civil penalties, operational disruption, and reputational harm if a business gets it wrong. With knowledge and expertise of the process when recruiting and employing internationally, our Business Immigration team can ensure that your business is compliant with all legal and administrative aspects.
We can provide regular updates and training on legal compliance with the Immigration Rules. We can also train key personnel within your organisation on how to conduct “right to work” checks, how to keep proper records and how to implement the policies and procedures on immigration compliance.
Our Business Immigration specialists can carry out immigration workplace audits which are essential in ensuring your business is fully compliant with the Immigration Rules and to prevent illegal working. The team will look at how you fulfil your sponsorship duties and prevent illegal working and benchmark your policies and procedures against past performance or Home Office standards. Your business will then be provided with a report providing feedback on compliance, performance and HR practices.
Our team advises on a wide range of Business Immigration matters including:
- Securing, maintaining and renewing Sponsorship Licences for skilled and temporary workers – Tier 2 and Tier 5
- Advising on Sponsorship Duties including document and record keeping and HR practices
- Advising entrepreneurs and investors under the Tier 1 visa route
- Permitted activities on Business Visitor visas
- Assistance when assigning a Certificates of Sponsorship
- Advice on how to undertake the Resident Labour Market Test
- A comprehensive document checking service to support visa applicants including visa extensions and indefinite leave to remain applications
- Advice on the prevention of illegal working
- Assessment of risks through disposals, mergers, and acquisitions or restructuring involved with corporate immigration.
- Assessing the risks involved with recruiting and terminating employment of foreign nationals
- Best practice training and legal updates for recruitment managers and HR officers
- Immigration workplace audits and follow-up advice.